Having a customer self-service portal can allow at least 67 percent of your customers seek answers on their own instead of getting in touch with your contact center. In fact, a self-service support website could increase customer satisfaction, especially if it can provide customers with what they want fast. Today’s tech-savvy customers should easily find their way through your self-service portal, but factors such as the design, the platform you use to run it, and the content may affect the user experience and the overall efficiency of your web portal. Using the following pointers, you should be able to boost your web portal’s self-service experience and make it reach its full potential:
• Make sure your customers know the portal exists – Implement a self-service call-to-action by including links to your support portal on your website, or add the appropriate links within your application or product. Alternatively, you can use a help desk or customer support app with a deflection feature, so it will suggest related articles based on the questions or words they type in your online forms.
• Optimize your content in the self-service portal – By optimizing your self-service content, search engines can easily find it when a customer initiates a search. Make sure your content is easy to find on social media sites too.
• Update your answers – Keep your content up-to-date and fresh as often as possible.
• Display answers and information in an easily accessible and well-structured manner – Avoid making customers click several hyperlinks and making them go through several other pages before they can find the answers that they need. Otherwise, they will get impatient and give up, and you risk losing them.
• Invest in a high-quality customer self-service portal – The quality of your self-service portal can say a lot about your business. The best product should be intuitive, scalable, and provide outstanding user experience while enabling mobile access. Similarly, it should enable reliable and secure integration with your on-premise networks.